In the vast landscape of online communication platforms, Discord stands out as a versatile, user-friendly solution that brings people together.
What is Discord?
Discord is a platform initially designed for gaming communities, but its convenience and adaptability have made it popular among various groups. It allows you to communicate via voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media, and files in private chats or as part of communities known as “servers”. These servers can be created by any user for free and can accommodate a variety of activities, from friendly chats to large-scale gaming sessions.
Why Customize Your Discord Background?
As you spend time on Discord, you might want to add a personal touch to your user experience. One way to do this is by customizing your Discord background. Not only does this allow you to express your personality and preferences, but it can also enhance your comfort and ease of use on the platform.
Customizing your Discord background can make your Discord experience feel more personal and enjoyable. It allows you to put your stamp on your server or chat windows, making them more visually appealing and reflective of your style or mood.
However, you might have heard about BetterDiscord, a popular tool for customization. While it offers plenty of options, some users prefer not to use it due to various concerns. If you’re one of those users, don’t worry; there are ways to change your Discord background without BetterDiscord, and this guide will show you how.
Stay tuned to learn how to change Discord background without BetterDiscord, and get ready to take your Discord experience to the next level.
When talking about Discord customizations, one tool that often comes up is BetterDiscord. However, not everyone prefers to use it. In this section, you’ll get to understand what BetterDiscord is and why some people might choose not to use it.
What is BetterDiscord?
BetterDiscord is a third-party extension that allows users to customize the appearance and enhance the functionality of Discord. With BetterDiscord, users can apply themes, add plugins, and even tweak Discord’s basic functionalities. It’s a popular tool among users who want to personalize their Discord experience beyond the default settings.
Why Some Users Prefer Not to Use BetterDiscord
While BetterDiscord does offer a range of customization options, it’s important to note that it’s not officially supported or endorsed by Discord. Using it technically violates Discord’s terms of service, which means your account could be banned for using it.
Additionally, as a third-party tool, BetterDiscord could pose potential security risks. It could make your account vulnerable to hacks or data breaches. Some users have reported issues like spam messages or even account hijacking after installing BetterDiscord.
Finally, using BetterDiscord also means that you’ll have to manually manage and update your themes and plugins. This can be time-consuming and complex, especially if you’re not familiar with the underlying code.
That’s why many users look for ways on how to change discord background without BetterDiscord. If you’re one of them, you’ll find the following sections helpful. We’ll walk through different methods of changing your Discord background, applying themes, and even creating your own custom background, all without the need for BetterDiscord.
Changing Your Discord Background Without BetterDiscord
Adding a personal touch to your Discord experience can be as simple as changing the background. Here, we’re going to explore how to change the Discord background without BetterDiscord.
Methods for Changing Discord Background
While BetterDiscord is a popular tool for Discord customization, some users may prefer alternatives due to various reasons, such as privacy concerns or compatibility issues. Fortunately, there are other ways to customize your Discord background without using this tool.
- Using Discord Themes: Discord offers a variety of built-in themes that you can use to switch up the look of your Discord interface. To apply a theme, navigate to your User Settings > Appearance > Theme, and select your preferred theme.
- Custom CSS: For more advanced users, Discord also allows for custom CSS code to change the background. This method requires a good understanding of CSS and can be more time-consuming, but it does offer virtually limitless customization options.
- Third-Party Tools: There are also various third-party tools available that provide more customization options for Discord. These tools can help change the background and overall appearance of Discord without needing to use BetterDiscord.
Remember, it’s important to only use trusted sources when downloading any third-party tools to avoid any potential security risks.
Precautions to Take
While customizing your Discord background can be an exciting way to personalize your experience, there are a few precautions you should take:
- Avoid Unauthorized Tools: Not all tools available online are safe. Some may pose a risk to your privacy or security. Always use trusted sources and ensure any software you download is from a reputable provider.
- Beware of Scams: Be wary of any tool that requests sensitive information or requires you to make a payment. Discord customization should be free and should not require you to provide personal information.
- Backup Your Data: Before making any major changes to your Discord settings, it’s a good idea to backup your data. This way, if something goes wrong, you can always revert back to your previous settings.
By taking these precautions, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable experience when customizing your Discord background. For more tips on how to keep your Discord experience safe, check out our article on how to get rid of discord virus.
Using Themes to Change Discord Background
Enhancing your Discord experience can be as simple as changing the background. While some users opt for BetterDiscord, it’s not the only way to customize your server. A popular and easy alternative involves the use of Discord themes.
What are Discord Themes?
Discord themes are pre-designed layouts that alter the appearance of your Discord server. They range from changing the color scheme to a complete overhaul of the server’s look, including the background. Themes provide a quick and straightforward way to personalize your server without requiring any coding knowledge.
It’s important to note that Discord themes only change the visual aspect of your server and do not affect its functionality. Therefore, you can experiment with different themes without worrying about disrupting your Discord experience.
How to Apply a Theme
To change your Discord background using a theme, follow these simple steps:
- Find a theme that you want to use. There are several websites where you can download Discord themes for free. Make sure the theme is compatible with your version of Discord.
- Download the theme file. This will typically be a
- Open Discord and navigate to the server where you want to apply the theme.
- Open the server settings by clicking on the server name at the top of the screen, then selecting “Server Settings”.
- Click on “Themes” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Upload” and select the theme file you downloaded.
- Once the theme is uploaded, it will automatically apply to your server.
Please remember that while changing your Discord background can be fun, it’s important to choose themes from reputable sources. This helps to avoid any potential issues such as malware or other unwanted software. If you suspect that a theme has caused an issue with your Discord, our article on how to get rid of discord virus may provide useful information.
By using themes, you can customize your Discord server without needing to use BetterDiscord. Whether you’re going for a minimalistic look or something more vibrant, there’s a theme out there to suit your style. So go ahead, start exploring and make your Discord server truly your own.
Creating a Custom Discord Background
Having a customized Discord background can be a great way to express your personality, show your interests, or just to add a little fun to your Discord experience. If you want to know how to change your Discord background without BetterDiscord, this section is here to guide you.
What You Need to Know
Before you begin creating your own custom Discord background, it’s important to understand a few key points:
- Discord does not officially support custom backgrounds, meaning you’ll need to use third-party software to do so.
- Be careful when downloading third-party software, as it can sometimes carry risks such as viruses or malware. Always download from trusted sources.
- Make sure the image you choose for your background is appropriate and follows Discord’s community guidelines and terms of service.
Steps to Create Your Own Background
Here are the steps to create your own custom Discord background:
- Choose an image: Choose an image that you want to use as your Discord background. This could be a photo, a piece of artwork, or any other image as long as it is appropriate and follows Discord’s guidelines.
- Edit the image: Edit the image to fit the dimensions of your Discord window. You can use any photo editing software to do this. Make sure the image is clear and high-quality, as a blurry or pixelated image can make it hard to read text on Discord.
- Download a third-party software: Download a third-party software that allows you to change your Discord background. Some of these software include Powercord, BeautifulDiscord, and Vizality. Remember to download from trusted sources to avoid potential security risks.
- Apply the background: Follow the instructions provided by the third-party software to apply your custom background. This usually involves uploading your edited image and selecting it as your background.
- Check your Discord: Open your Discord to see if the changes have been applied. If the background hasn’t changed, try restarting Discord or reapplying the background.
Remember, while customizing your Discord background can be fun, always prioritize your safety when downloading third-party software. Always download from trusted sources and be cautious when granting permissions to these applications. If you notice anything unusual after downloading third-party software, check out our guide on how to get rid of a discord virus.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
While changing your Discord background without BetterDiscord is a straightforward process, you might encounter some common issues. Here’s how to troubleshoot and resolve these problems.
Dealing with Access Issues
If you’re having trouble accessing the Discord theme or background settings, it could be due to several reasons.
Firstly, ensure that you’re logged into your Discord account. Some settings are only available to logged-in users.
Secondly, check your internet connection. A slow or unstable internet connection can affect your ability to load and apply new settings.
If you’re still experiencing issues, it might be due to a problem with the Discord server. Check Discord’s status page to see if there are any ongoing issues.
Addressing Compatibility Problems
Compatibility issues can arise if you’re using an outdated version of Discord. Always ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app to take advantage of all its features.
If you’re encountering compatibility problems with a specific theme or background, it might not be compatible with your version of Discord. In such cases, consider using a different theme or background.
Remember, some themes and backgrounds might not work properly if you have certain extensions or plugins installed. If you’re facing issues, try disabling these add-ons one by one to identify the culprit. For further assistance, visit our guide on how to fix discord search not working.
Making Sure Your Changes Stick
Sometimes, you might notice that your changes aren’t being saved or applied. If this happens, make sure you’re clicking ‘Save Changes’ or ‘Apply’ after making any modifications.
You should also check your Discord account settings to ensure that they allow for customization. Look for options such as ‘Allow custom themes’ or ‘Enable background changes’.
If your changes still don’t stick, try clearing your Discord cache. This can often resolve issues related to settings not being saved.
Remember, it’s always a good idea to regularly update your app and check for any new features or updates that might affect your ability to customize your Discord background. If you need more help, feel free to visit our guides on how to change language on discord or how to self host a discord bot.